Prev: Re: Moving was : FIRE TEAMS IN SG II Next: Re: [SG-WW2] BAR

Re: Moving was : FIRE TEAMS IN SG II

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 07:05:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Moving was : FIRE TEAMS IN SG II

KH.Ranitzsch schrieb:

>Apart from the problem with finding sturdy transparent crates...

Most stores that sell plastic crates sell pretty decent transparent
ones.

>If you are using any outside help, whether friends or a company, you
>can be sure half the unlabeled crates will not end where you want them,
>even if they are transparent. Clear labelling is a neccessity.

And even WITH it, helpers will still place stuff in the wrong place.
Let me
clarify what I meant:  By all means label the boxes per room, with a
simple
label such as "Kitchen utensils; Gaming stuff; bathroom supplies" etc.,
but
the clear containers helps after you've moved for knowing What's in
which
box - I should have said it reduces the DETAIL of labelling required.
In my
33 years I have moved.... Lord, I don't have time to count.  Poppa was a

rolling stone... actually, an itinerant pastor.  So I've packed and
unpacked
a few times.  I 've learned to rely on my self for getting the stuff to
the
right place.  Helpers are for transit between residence/transportation
and
vice-versa ONLY. ;-)

>And large written instructions (bathroom, kid's room 1st floor,
>kitchen...) are better than colour codes.

Agreed.

Prev: Re: Moving was : FIRE TEAMS IN SG II Next: Re: [SG-WW2] BAR