Prev: Re: [SG-WW2] Mortars Next: Re: The whiter side of white

Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 08:21:52 -0500
Subject: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster

Roger Burton West wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:29:21AM -0500, Ray Forsythe wrote:
> >Roger Burton West wrote:
> >>(Incidentally, does anyone have a repository for lists of individual
> >>ship names?
> >Sure.
> >US Naval Vessel Register:
> >http://www.nvr.navy.mil/nvrships/name.htm
>
> (etc.)
>
> Thanks. Actually, I meant ship names that people have used in the
> Tuffleyverse - these links are indeed useful (that Russian one was
> particularly good) but not quite what I'm talking about. (When I look
at
> the NSL ship classes, for example, I find that most of the individual
> ship names that were used in the real world have already been used as
> class names...)

You could try in here:

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/fleet-rosters.html

You'll have to dig through each fleet link for names. Take what you
want, use what you want, etc. These are all my non-FB1 ship designs
(and yes, Oerjan, I have not forgotten Those That Need BPV
Correcting(tm)
;-). I hope you can get something from it.

I do have a couple of files elsewhere in my account here at work with
lists and lists of names. If I can dig it up (remind me next week; ECC
is rather high on my list of Things Coming At Me Real Fast(tm) and I'm
leaving for it in a few hours) I'd be happy to send these to you.

Mk

Prev: Re: [SG-WW2] Mortars Next: Re: The whiter side of white