Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster

Re: FTL and Streamlining

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:00:53 +0100
Subject: Re: FTL and Streamlining

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
> Basically, I will require any ship designed without FTL to be at LEAST
> partially streamlined.  The background justification will be that
since
> these ships are often assigned to backworld systems, where they will
have
> less orbital infrastructure and interface support, they need to be
capable
> of planetary landing in case of the need for police action, repairs,
etc.
> It's shaky, but it keeps Non-FTL ships from needing a separate pricing
> structure in points cost (Since streamlining takes up as much or more
> capacity as FTL, and has a limited level of in-game usefulness, just
like
> FTL).
>
> Comments?

Sounds good in game terms.

Not too sure about the justification. I can accept it for backworld
systems.
However, I imagine that a lot of "First-World system" will have non-FTL
ships for all kinds of purposes too. And here, the need for streamlining
is
rather less,

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster