Prev: Pushy Lawn Bug Sighted!!!!!! Next: Re: Pushy Lawn Bug Sighted!!!!!!

Re: painting SG figures question

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:09:48 -0500
Subject: Re: painting SG figures question

Hi Folks,

>What would be more typical (I think) to see on the uniforms would be a
>divisional flash indicating the unit that the platoon was part of. My
troops
>have divisional flashes, coz I think it looks pretty.
>
>Of course if you say your figures are from the "1st English Division"
then a
>George cross (which is quite easy to paint, Genius) would be very
>appropriate.
>
>Just my ignorance spreading unocntrolably (",)

As someone else pointed out, "Paint them however you like"...

However, I wanted some kind of "unit" marking on my NAC also.  I wanted
give my NAC some kind of flavour, without being obvious about it, so I
chose the regimental colours of the regiment they're supposedly
representing.  There's a writeup in the TO&E section of
http://www.stargrunt.ca on the 123'rd battalion, Royal New Anglian Light
Infantry, and they "perpetuate the history and honours of the Queen's
Own
Rifles of Canada".  The regimental colours are rifle green (of course)
and
scarlet.  So, I did the right shoulder board/pad/armour plate/(whatever
it
is on the NAC figures) in rifle green, with a scarlet stripe.  The rest
of
the figure is the standard uniform colour I chose (in the case of the
NAC,
it is grey fatigues - I assume they use uniforms that change colour to
match whatever terrain they're in, anyway, so the grey colour was a
"generic" colour for "in-garrison".  Or something.  Anyway, rather than
trying to paint a flash on the sleeve, doing the whole shoulder board
thing
worked well, and was tres-simple to paint.  And it looks fine, which is
the
important thing :)

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Pushy Lawn Bug Sighted!!!!!! Next: Re: Pushy Lawn Bug Sighted!!!!!!