Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: RE: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:13:19 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...

Tony Francis schrieb:
> nation and difficulty
> > >
> > > The Russians shouldn't have been able to call mortar
> > > fire at all. If available, I would think it would have to be
> > > pre-planned.

Apart from runners (possibly on bicycles, motorcycles or horses), other
means of communication would have been field telephone lines (mostly
for defensive positions, of course), hand or flag signals and flares.
A variety of flares of different colours or types would be used to
convey a standard set of messages, like an alert call, the reaching of
specific positions etc. I guess this could include calling down fire
onto 1 or 2 pre-defined targets.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: RE: FIRE TEAMS IN SG II -> we ended up without using them...