Prev: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: small ships: escorts vs raiders

Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:08:32 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

2B^2 wrote:

>Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>
>>Yes, you are. Any evidence to the contrary is either a typo or an
>>illusion :-)
>
>Damned illusory typeface....
>
>>Thing is, Mike Elliott (who wrote the FT/DS interface rules in More
Thrust,
>>and was more involved in the Fleet Books than I was) says that
fighters are
>>smaller than 1 Mass. Last time I saw Jon T. express an opinion on the
>>subject, he agreed with Mike (I'm afraid I don't have an on-line
reference
>>for this, though). But if you want to bash your head bloody trying to
>>resolve a rules inconsistency which the author of half of the
inconsistent
>>rule basically has told you to ignore, you're quite welcome to it
>
>If you think I should ignore it, I'll take that into consideration.  My

>objection was to your saying I had read more than was stated, since
that
>IS what was stated.  If you want to say that what I read is errata,
that's
>a different matter altogether.

A classic case of "the rules say what they say and mean what they mean".

The authors and proof-readers all knew what the rules were supposed to
say
and didn't see what they actually do say :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: [ECC] See you in Lancaster Next: Re: small ships: escorts vs raiders