Prev: GenCon 2002 Events! Next: Re: newbie SG2 question

Re: newbie SG2 question

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:57:55 -0600
Subject: Re: newbie SG2 question

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:33:31 +1100, "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:

>> Is there any reason why a player would have his EW unit go INACTIVE?
Is
>> there any detriment to being ACTIVE?  I couldn't find any.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jim Hopper
>>

>You're screaming to the world "here I am, come shoot me!".

This has been hashed out on here quite a bit, too.

The rules don't actually SAY anything about going inactive. There is
nothing
in the rulebook about requiring an action to go active, and there is
nothing
in the rulebook to say what advantages you get for being inactive.

On this list, and on the test list, some of us discussed this several
months
ago. The end result is on my web site at:

http://sg2.hyperbear.com

Click on the link to house rules. The upshot is that there's a house
rule to
require an action to make EW active, but there is actually nothing in
the
rulebook explaining this. It's a hole in the rules...

http://www.hyperbear.com

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: GenCon 2002 Events! Next: Re: newbie SG2 question