Prev: Re: Re: GPS + Pulsars + an apology/rebuttal Next: Pulsar Nav accuracy

Re: SPS/Pulsars

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:19:09 +0100 (MET)
Subject: Re: SPS/Pulsars

John Leary schrieb:

> > Not really neccessary. If you have one fake, he has
> > 50% chance of picking the wrong one. Make you beacon
> > appear stronger than the pulsar, and the
> > electronics may be dumb enough to go for the wrong
> > one 90% of the time.
>
>      Well if one coule gather the output from several
> stars to create and power the false signal,

While I mainly agree with your other arguments, I don't see why you
would need the powere of several stars unless you want to put the
beacons at the same distance as the pulsars. If you want a set of
beacons just to cover a limited volume of space, you could put them
much nearer and use directional emitters, both of which drastically
reduces the power requirements.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Re: GPS + Pulsars + an apology/rebuttal Next: Pulsar Nav accuracy