Prev: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic) Next: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:59:19 -0800
Subject: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

Brendan Robertson wrote:

>Vehicles take up 1.5 times their own capacity, so a size 7 vehicle
would
>occupy 7*5*1.5 = 52.5 CS of cargo space.

I'm assuming this is a HR?  Because that's not what MT states.

>Note that this is combat ready
>status.  You can pack them in at the full 1 CP = 1 CS but you would
need to
>uncrate them & prep them on arrival.

How do you play this out in game play?	A turn delay to ready them for
deployment?

>Infantry works out the same.  1 CS per man for coldsleep, or 4 CS per
man
>for single bunking (this is comparable to Traveller space requirements
as
>well!)

The only problem I have with the CS/man is that DS uses elements whose #
of
men is nebulous, I'd prefer to come up with a CS/element rule.

>Some numbers were crunched on the list last year, and it worked out to
>between 20-25 CS per mass under FTFB1&2.
>ie: 1 CS = 4 tonne.

Is that still using the Class*5*1.5 CS cost above?  If so, then it seems
little TOO restrictive - a swing to the other end of the pendulum.

>Due to the maximum armour and weapons you can put on an aerospace
fighter
>in
>DS, fighters would normally be between size 3 and size 4.

Makes sense.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Hockey, Curling and other sports (some futuristic) Next: RE: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity