Prev: [FT] Tractor Beams, was: Space Sports Next: RE: RE: Space Sports

[FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:46:36 -0800
Subject: [FT/MT/DS]: Mass vs Capacity

I D/L'ed and have been reading MT (thanks again!).  I am particularly
interested in the FT/DS interface.  But I have a small problem with the
rules for cargo:  They seem a bit generous in cargo/mass.  Per the
rules, a
fighter is mass 1 (mass 1.5/fighter for the fighter & it's bay).  The
FT/DS
rules state that a FT fighter is fully acceptable as a DS fighter, which

means I must conclude that it's DS stats would include a size class
between
1 and 7.  But the rules for cargo state that 1 mass = 50 cargo points,
and
that vehicles take up 4 CP per size class.  That means a class 7 vehicle

takes up 28 CP, or .56 mass.  seems a bit low for what it should take
up.  I
haven't begun to break down infantry yet.  Does anyone have any better
HR's
for this issue?

Thanks

2B^2

Prev: [FT] Tractor Beams, was: Space Sports Next: RE: RE: Space Sports