Prev: Re: Re: GPS + Pulsars + an apology/rebuttal Next: Re: SPS/Pulsars

Re: [OT] Flag stomping

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:03:04 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Flag stomping

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
> >PS - Congratulations are indeed in order to Germany, although if they
> >didn't win Hockey or Curling, they really just got Consolation
Prizes.
> ><*heh*>
>
> You mean frozen shuffleboard? ;-)
>
> >PPS - Lots of respect for Norway for beating the Canadian Men in
Curling
> >(in the 10th end and it all came down to the last rock) and to
Scotland
> >(they call them Gr. Britain, but they were all Scottish lasses) for
> >beating the Canadian Women in Curling to bring the Gold home to the
> >birthplace of Curling.
>
> Both very exciting matches - I've actually grown to understand and
enjoy
> Curling (the US broadcasters were smart enough to use Canadian
> commentators).

Same effect here.
 Didn't see much of the Olympics (damn time-lag! why isn't the Earth
flat
?), but happened to see woman's Curling (Germany vs. Britain/Scotland).
The
very competent (German) commentator made it understandable and exiting.
Still think it looks like a very peculiar sport, though.

Greetings

Prev: Re: Re: GPS + Pulsars + an apology/rebuttal Next: Re: SPS/Pulsars