Prev: Re: [OT] Flag stomping Next: Re: [OT] Flag stomping

RE: SPS/Pulsars

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:05:32 -0700
Subject: RE: SPS/Pulsars

Another possibility, is that instead of ships (you don't really need a
big regular drive, just and FTL drive) you have ummanned pods that hop
back and forth every so often (once a day, hourly or more frequent.)
Depending on how cheap you can make FTL drives, this might be a viable
option.  It would put communication rates back to what it was at the
turn of the 20th century across the Atlantic - most mail would be sent
by steamer ship, but some high priority stuff could be sent by
short-range wireless from station to station or ship to ship.

--Binhan