Prev: Re: Differential GPS Next: Re: Planets

Re: Differential GPS

From: "Brendan Pratt" <bastard@o...>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:47:37 +1100
Subject: Re: Differential GPS

> Jeez, you stop doing military work for a few years and see what
happens.

> I bust a gut making sure I only give the general theory, with no
Classy
> figures, only ballpark ones, and I find that the formerly
classified-up-
> the-wazoo burn-before-reading kit/data is available through
fishing-tackle
> stores (!!), and the owner knows at least as much about the intricate
> technical details as I do. Probably more.
>
> Goodonya Brendan. <g>

Stop - my already enourmous ego is threatening to annex Poland.....

> Ah for the good old days of Satnav and Sextant (good name for a game
about
the Naval Cold War?), Rhumb Lines, Running Fixes, and Cocked Hat
Reduction*.
Avast there, Shiver me timbers, and Where Be the Poop Deck.
> (The Poop Deck be below the Crow's nest, that's why it do be called
the
Poop Deck, Arr.)

> * Which has nothing to do with 18th century headgear, BTW.

- Yipe - those days also saw the use of open air amputations and
involuntary
recruitment - I've always disputed the phrase "good ol' days".

Brendan

Prev: Re: Differential GPS Next: Re: Planets