Prev: Re: newbie question Next: Re: GPS + Pulsars + an apology/rebuttal

Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:33:40 -0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Foley <stiltman@teleport.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 9:02 AM

SNIP
> They were closest to army ants.  Although the scale in which they were
> described (a good twenty square miles of pretty much solid ants, IIRC)
is
> considerably greater than I've ever heard of from any naturally
occuring
> troop of army ants.  The story, I believe, ends with him more or less
making
> it no longer worth the ants' while to try to eat him and they move on
> without doing so.

> (aka Stilt Man)

The classic line from the film was from William Conrad (best known as
lard-bucket private eye Frank Cannon) to the effect that the column of
ants
was "Two miles wide and twenty miles long!  That's forty square miles of
agonising death!"

He was subsequently eaten- myself, I think that's what saved Heston.
The
ants were full.

Rob Paul
(himself no sylph)

Prev: Re: newbie question Next: Re: GPS + Pulsars + an apology/rebuttal