Prev: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy Next: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

RE: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:21:49 -0700
Subject: RE: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

Spectra are unique, they are formed by different amounts of various
elements that produce more of one color when burned.  A problem arises
when dust, hydrogen or nebula are in the way as they might absorb parts
of the spectra, reducing the usable parts and making ID more difficult.

You would determine range to a star the same way astronomers currently
do. How do you think they know Alpha Centauri is 4.3 light years away?

--Binhan