Prev: Re: Planets Next: Re: Planets

Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

From: Randall L Joiner <rljoiner@m...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:03:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

That's the problem...  Pulsar's are unique and identifiable.  IIRC,
Stars aren't.

"laserlight@quixnet.net" wrote:

> Quoth Indy:
> >The next problem would be trying to determine what stars around you
are
> "nearby", and how you would go about doing that.
>
> I wouldn't bother with that, just use the same identifiable stars...if
they're identifiable.  They's the key question.  Are spectra unique,
like voiceprints? Or is Sirius going to look pretty much like any other
star of its general type (A2, IIC)?

--
Fsck, either way I'm screwed. -- petro (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
Now *that* is the Sysadmin's motto. -- Peter da Silva

Prev: Re: Planets Next: Re: Planets