Prev: re: other periods Next: SV: other periods

Re: Space Nav

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 09:48:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Nav

During peacetime the "spoofing" is kept to a minimum, so civilian GPS
systems enjoy a useful amount of accuracy.  If America finds itself
facing a foe where our own GPS satellites may be used against us, the
encryption key will change (shared with allies of course) and the
increase in spoofing will make it so that a civilian GPS guides you to
Antarctica before it guides you to that perfect camping spot you marked
the co-ordinates for last year.

That part of the design was referred to as paranoia. My response to that
is that it's paranoia until someone exploits it.  If you fail to have
the paranoia and someone exploits it, then it's called naivety.  Nations
can't afford naivety.

--Flak

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: re: other periods Next: SV: other periods