Prev: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers Next: RE: [FH] FTL, astronomy

RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:16:25 +1100
Subject: RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

Probably because Oz is the closest analogy you'll find to a deathworld.
*Everything* is out to get you (including all those people wandering
around).
I was told earlier this week that the Sydney Funnelweb Spider is only
lethal
to mammals.  It paralyses other species instead.

On Friday, February 22, 2002 12:14 PM, Randall L Joiner wrote:
> Just why do I get flashbacks to the Deathworld trilogy book 1 by Harry

> Harrison whenever someone starts talking about OZ's Fauna?
>
> At 10:19 AM 2/22/02 +1100, you wrote:
> >G'day,
> >
> > > What? Oz fauna that *isn't* venomous/toothed/otherwise
> > > instantly fatal? You're slipping down there, Beth.
> >
> >Well you've got to have the odd break or it'd get monotonous ;)
> >
> >Beth

*****
Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies
http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/

Prev: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers Next: RE: [FH] FTL, astronomy