Prev: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers Next: Re: A E VAN VOGT

RE: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:59:08 -0500
Subject: RE: Re: [FH] FTL, astronomy

John Leary wandered off topic:
Navigation well most likey be done by using at least
three known pulsars to determine location in space.
Kind of like looking at 'lighthouses' in the stars.

No pulsars close by, are there?  I'd like we'd use nearby bright stars
eg Sirius--the closer they are, the easier it is to judge your exact
position.
(If you're trying to get the right driveway, you might estimate from the
end of the block--not from the Eiffel Tower, as even though it stands
out well, it's a bit too far away).

Prev: Re: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers Next: Re: A E VAN VOGT