Prev: QuickNDirty space rules from David Pulver Next: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers

RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:14:03 +1100
Subject: RE: [OT] Bug history was: Starship Troopers

G'day,

> I think the "bugs" idea goes back further than the movie "Starship
> Troopers". The GW Tyranids are defintiely earlier. They, in
> turn, seem to owe much to "Alien" (late 1970's) .

I haven't been paying much attention to this thread (yes I'm sorry and I
will go and sit in the corner now), but I would've thought that the
ideas
stretched much further back than that. No hard references to back that
up
mind, but just based on comments my granddad made about books he read in
his
childhood and stories he and his brothers made up using beetles etc.

Cheers

Prev: QuickNDirty space rules from David Pulver Next: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers