Prev: RE: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm. Next: RE: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm.

Re: [OT] Starship Troopers

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:59:50 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:42:29 +0000 Jeremey Claridge
<jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

> Wasn't there a Japanese cartoon series of Starship Troopers that went
into depth about the bugs? So that was all artistic licence then? <

Almost certainly -- along the lines of what was done to the Lensman
series. In what little I saw of the Japanese version, there was hardly
anything common to the books except a couple of names. Now watch all
the fans tell me how much I missed... <g>

>> Don't think they're in-built, IIRC; they're _weapons_ -- y'know,
tool-users and all that? <g> <<

> Great. So assaulting a bug position means being shot at on the way up
and getting your limbs ripped off when you get close :) <

Hence the PA, and the flamers, grenades, mini-nukes, "tanglefoot", etc.
ISTR MI and bugs mixing it up in melee a few times, and the bugs tended
to come off the worse on an individual basis -- but then, they could
afford to.

Phil, who was really P.O.'ed to see they left the armour out of the
movie. That's why I never saw it; that wasn't ST, it was a travesty.
----
"We gotta get out into Space / If it's the last thing we ever do!"
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet

Prev: RE: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm. Next: RE: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm.