Prev: Re: [OT] Starship Troopers Next: RE: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm.

RE: [DS]Single weapon firing

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:08:00 -0500
Subject: RE: [DS]Single weapon firing

I view the fire rate, power, and single weapon rule in the following
light:

The stats of a weapon represent the weapon being used in a
nonsuppression
(effective) mode over the entire 15 minute turn. This may be the one or
more
quick shots taken as the target darts between buildings or sustained
fire
over the 15 minute turn. Other weapons may be firing, but do not add to
this
_effective_ fire.

So in the example of the combat car, either all guns are concentrating
fire
on one target or one gun is doing effective fire against a primary
target
and the others are doing suppression fire against secondary and tertiary
targets (below the detail level of DS2).

You could use a house rule to change this, but do you really want
mini-Ogres
blasting away at everything in sight with 5 different guns?

Perhaps, when DS3 is written (with a revised construction system), the
crew
or AI will take up capacity points. Something like:
Driver**: 1 capacity point
FCS**:	  1 capacity point per weapon* per target. Example: If you have
2
guns and you want to be able to fire at 2 targets it would cost (2x2=) 4
capacity points
* Linked weapons, of the same type and class, that fire at the same
target
count as 1 weapon.
** Human or AI

Until then, you could use house rules:
- For each additional weapon type and/or class fired at the _same_
target,
shift FCS down 1.
- For each additional target, shift FCS down 1.
- No weapon may fire twice in a given turn.

-----
Brian Bell
-----