Prev: RE: [OT] oddball enrivonment questions Next: RE: [ECC]The Multitudes of Lancaster Housing Woes

Re: MT Questions

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 20:48:29 -0500
Subject: Re: MT Questions

> >What I use is "gravity effects are calculated at the beginning of
the
> >turn, and applied at the end of movement."
>
> Elaborate more please, off-list if you prefer.

That's pretty much it.	Calculate gravity bands based on whatever
planet you're using--for example, for a planet 12mu in diameter,
12-19mu radius from the center could be 1mu gravity, 9-12mu has a 2mu
pull, 7-9 has 3 mu, and 6-7mu radius has 4mu gravity.  Note the
direction and distance of the gravity at your starting point, and
apply the gravity at the end point.  For example, if you're on the
surface in a thrust 6 ship, you start in te 4mu zone,  You thrust out
straight out to radius 12, which is 1 mu gravity; then you slide back
4mu (not 1) towards the center.  You end at 2 mu off the surface, ie
radius 8, which is in the 3 mu zone.  Next round, assuming you keep
thrusting straight out, you'll move to 14mu and fall back 3, so you're
ending at 11mu radius.
   Whether gravity also changes your facing or not is up to you to
decide.

Prev: RE: [OT] oddball enrivonment questions Next: RE: [ECC]The Multitudes of Lancaster Housing Woes