Prev: Re: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm. Next: Re: [OT] oddball enrivonment questions

[ECC]The Multitudes of Lancaster Housing Woes

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:47:44 -0500
Subject: [ECC]The Multitudes of Lancaster Housing Woes

I see I'm not the only one with temporary
housing excitement. (Let's just say the Canadian
contingent from Ottawa will be "cozy"....). I'm
lucky I've got a nice chunk of floor already
picked out.... (and being Canadian, and living in
an Igloo, crowding is a common
phenomenon.... I just wonder if the
management will balk when we try to sneak in
12 malamutes and huskies).

It seems to me we have a number of people
short of rooms. Of course, like me, they were all
unwise enough to leave booking until late
(lesson for following year!). OTOH, there seem
to be enough people it might be worthwhile for
someone to do some looking into other nearby
or not so nearby options and what carpooling
in from another hotel options might be feasible.

I'd hate to see anyone not make it just because
all the rooms at the inn were full. There ought
to be a manger somewhere..... and Lancaster
has to have some other hotels/motels. If one
had to be sought offsite for several people,
some sort of pooled transport would probably
make it a fairly simple operation.

Just a thought.

Tomb Raider

PS - When I saw the Brits hitting the beaches in
Spain, I was curious if they thought they were
getting in some holiday time. Or were they
going with their own Monty Python skit.... you
know.... "Nobody Expects......A British Invasion!".

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

Corruptisima republica plurimae leges.
[The more corrupt a republic, the more laws.]
-- Tacitus

Prev: Re: RE: Re: Things that make you go Ummmm. Next: Re: [OT] oddball enrivonment questions