Prev: [FT, SG, FMA] Scenario ideas Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.

[ECC] FT CanAm Games

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 19:21:08 -0500
Subject: [ECC] FT CanAm Games

Full Thrust: CanAm II
Last year, the Canadians brought a knife to a gunfight, and paid the
price.	This year...

---Cruise Action at Lancaster---

   Admiral Blackthorne's cabin was dark, and with his face lit from
below by the desk display, the admiral looked even more evil than
usual.	"Captain, I have an impossible job that needs to get done, and
I've picked you to do it."  He tapped a key, and an image of the
planet Lancaster glowed in the holodisplay.
   "Dr. Minnesota Kochte, the xeno-archaeologist, has signaled that
he's found what appears to be an ancient Kra'Vak ruin on Lancaster,
incuding archives of some sort.  If we can translate them, the insight
into Karla's psychology would be...well, 'priceless' is an
understatement.  Unfortunately the coordinates given were garbled, and
we've been unable to raise Dr. Kochte since.  We don't know where on
Lancaster this treasure trove might be.
   "To complicate matters, the Pretender's main fleet is now moving to
engage us, with intercept expected in about an hour.  In addition--and
this is the key part, Captain--Intelligence says they're getting ready
to jump a cruiser squadron to Lancaster space.	Now, we don't *know*
that they know about Dr. Kochte's find, but then again, we don't know
that they don't.
   "Your job, Captain, is to take a few cruisers to Lancaster close
orbit and defeat the enemy squadron.  In addition, if you can, get
close enough to the planet to make recon scans--maybe the intel people
can figure out where Kochte went before the Pretender's people get
there.	Now, the nasty bit is that we daren't give you too many ships,
because if the enemy doesn't know there's something to see there, we
don't want to tip our hand.   If you're desperate, you can call for
reinforcements, but avoid it if possible.  Preserving your ships is
not--I say again, *not*--a priority."
   "Now the good news, such as it is."	 Blackthorne tossed over a set
of datachips.  "Since we don't dam' well care if you lose your ships,
we're going to make it easier for you to do that.  Those are the
engineering overrides which will let you take your drives past
redline.  I will not tell you how long it took me to persuade BuShips
to give those over, but you can now maneuver your ships in ways they
were plainly not built to withstand.  Hope it helps."
   The admiral stood up and held out his hand.	"Captain, you have
your orders.  Godspeed...and good hunting."

CanAm II will use small, fast moving squadrons in cinematic movement.
A version of the WDA Redline, Evasive Maneuvers, and Emergency Thrust
will be available for those captains who care to risk it.  SSDs will
be provided by me, but please bring miniatures: any Human nationality,
3 BC and 6 CL (or similar size ships).

Prev: [FT, SG, FMA] Scenario ideas Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.