Prev: Re: Life begins to copy GZG..... Next: Epic Tau

Re: [DS]Campaign

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:09:41 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS]Campaign

Well, for my part, I ran into an individual that I now believe to have
been
KR of the stateside reseller for GZG (I forget the name of the outfit
off
the top of my head, I just remember the guy's initials) out at RadCon in
eastern Washington state, saw that he was selling a set of starship
warfare
rules, asked the first question I always ask of such games ("Can you
design
your own ships with it?"), he gave me a resounding yes, so I looked it
over,
bought FT and MT, played a few sample games using simple playing cards
for
ship markers with my brother-in-law the next few nights, and have been
playing it ever since.

This mailing list, I found a little while later after a bunch of curious
searching through Yahoo for the stuff, and bought DS2 a little over a
year
and a half ago just out of an interest in the occasional ground combat
scenario to play out on the side.  Heck, now I'm even working on a web
site
for all the different ship ideas I've come up with.

Eric/Stilts