Prev: RE: Japanese De-mining Robot Next: Re: Life begins to copy GZG.....

Re: Mercs as Peacekeepers

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 00:37:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Mercs as Peacekeepers

That makes sense to me.  I've long considered putting blue helmets on a
couple of divisions and writing their budget off against our UN
obligations (or doing that accounting for our past peacekeeping
contributions, say Korea, at least for the interest on our late
payments). Add in the others on the security council, even just an
airmobile division each, and the UN would have an effective striking
force. Of course, they would be dependant on outside logistics support.