Prev: Re: Greetings, Aged One. Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.

Re: [DS]Campaign

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 21:52:09 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS]Campaign

Me !  I cut my teeth in minis with Rogue Trader, then got into 6mm
sci-fi. That used to be mostly Battletech and Space Marine (Epic40K
now). Both games needed work. Badly. Along with a single cohort I
started a fanzine to fix Space Marine 2nd ed. Now, I'm a pretty lazy
man, so if I start doing page layout (razor blade and glue at first) and

selling advertising I must be pretty well motivated, and SM 1st and 2nd
really did need the help.

Then there were historical miniatures and I spent some quality time
playtesting other people's rules.

Then I picked up DSII and FT, on the general good rep of British
miniatures games I picked up from the historicals scene. What a good
call that was. Designing stuff was a lot easier than, say Striker for
example. And the command rules in DS2 were on par with Command Decision.

Not that I don't tweak the rules, but there's little need for fixing bad

ideas and ugly mechanics.

The rest you lot know.