Prev: Re: [DS]Campaign Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.

Re: Greetings, Aged One.

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:16:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Greetings, Aged One.

> > Don M said:
> > > I think you and Ron are the guys that walked 10 miles to school
> > > in a snow storm up hill both ways! And were happy and grateful
> > > to do it too...)

I noted:
> > After getting up at 3:30 in the morning to slop the hogs, feed and
> > milk the cows, collect the eggs, bring in the firewood and start
the
> > fire, break through the ice around the spring to get water and
haul it
> > back up to the house.  *Then* we walked ten miles to school,
barefoot,
> > through snow that was chin deep--on a tall giraffe--and it was
uphill
> > both ways.	And we were grateful to have the chance!

Don mumbled:
>  I am so completely unworthy to stand in your shadow!

Of course, after school we went to work hauling bricks for a few
hours, then at 10pm came home (through snow, etc) and fed the cows
(etc), then did scrubbed the pots, shoveled the ashes from the stove
and did other chores, then it was time for homework, and so to bed
around 2am.

(Actually my junior and senior years at high school *were* something
like that, except that I drove to school, and the cattle were
Charolais beef so no milking required).

Prev: Re: [DS]Campaign Next: Re: Greetings, Aged One.