Prev: Re: FT: Ship designs Next: Re: FT: Ship designs

OT: misc items

From: BruceMillerL@c...
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:48:04 EST
Subject: OT: misc items

Hi everyone..

    Guess I need to finally come out of Lurker mode. I only have time to
read
this in Digest form
(ie I log on only once a day, 22k modem), so don't expect quick answers

St^3 Jon (shouldn't he
be call Emperor of the GZG Empire?) knows me (play tester for MT, and
DS2).
My group here
(NW of Detriot, MI) plays: FT as EFSB/B5 (with the B5W minis) or as
Starguard
(Earth, Ralnai
and Dreenoi fleets, using McEwans ships and scratch builts); DS2 the
same;
and SG2 as B5.

    We use the FB1/2 rules (movement sequence, etc) with EFSB, but with
the
EFSB
weapons, etc (and the SDS from	http://bax.nobigdeal.net/tbp/index.htm).

Which leads
me to my first question, anyone know what happened to the site? Its
gone?  We
use fighter
mission codes for fighter ops, ie Delta flight has to screen Baker,
Baker is
on attack
run on Minbari Cruiser #2... etc.   Mission codes can only be issued by
the
owning carrier
or a flag ship, and at the rate of one squadron per FC.  It reflects the

fighter flow from
the show.  Note:  here the Narn Bat fleet is undefeated!  Our Centauri
Players have learned
the hard way what it means when the Narn play ball, with energy mines.

    Next question, I want to do some SG2/DS2 battles and miniatures up
for a
book
series by G. Harry Stine, called Warbots.  They deal with a USA
company/battalion about
60 years from now, that has semi AI voice commanded bots. Lots of small
unit
actions.
The Bots are mainly 6 wheeled, about the size of a jeep, and are equiped
with
7.6mm
or 25mm miniguns. The infantry were light armor.

    Last question, I am expanding my B5 SG2 battles, I use 15mm figures
only.
 Anyone
have any clue, short of scratch building, what i can use for: Narn and
Minbari infantry
(after which will come Drazi, Drahk, Vorlon and Shadows)?  I currently
use SW
figures for
my Centauri, and modern SWAT team figures for EA, but want something
better.

    Finally about myself:
    1) Senior Computer System Analyst/Manager (VMS/Unix - VAX/Alpha)
(+23
years)
    2) Two daughters, (in their teens!!), both game, one is a dice
rolling
master!
    3) born/raised in Deutschland (Guten Tag Karl!)
    4) USAF Vet, Intel
    5) Wargamer since 1968..  still play: Ancients; Colonial (Victorian
SciFi);
	American Civil War; WWII (2000+ 1/1200 scale ships); WWIII; in
addition
	to GZG products
    6) Civil War re-enactor (1st Sgt 8th Arkansas and 22nd Michigan)

    Thanks

Bruce

Prev: Re: FT: Ship designs Next: Re: FT: Ship designs