Prev: RE: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly Next: Re: Painting Glosses and Sparkle Effects

RE: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 19:22:38 +0000
Subject: RE: [FT] UNSC Mini Assembly

>Jon (GZG) wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity, are the ones that are giving trouble direct
from us
>> in the UK, or are they GeoHex made ones? I'm wondering if the extra
>> "generation" separating the US castings from the UK masters	accounts
for
>> the looser fit of the peg-and-sleeve joints, as most of ours seem to
be
>> quite tight..... (and NO, I'm not touching that joke with someone
else's
>> ten foot pole.....)	;-)
>
>The ones I have are GeoHex versions from the first batch they did after
they
>got the masters. The peg fits into the sleeve with some play and some
are
>loose enough for maybe a 10-15 degree angle from straight with the peg
still
>in the sleeve.

OK, this is going to be difficult to describe in words but please bear
with
me..... with our display ones, I made sure that the peg was filed down
slightly shorter than the depth of the sleeve, and the sleeve had a
nicely
squared-off end (as viewed from side and top); this means that most of
the
glueing area is actually the end of the sleeve to the next component of
the
hull, with the peg just acting as a locator, rather than the peg itself
taking all the strain.
Does that make any sense?

Jon (GZG)