Prev: FT: Ship designs Next: Links (was Re: MicroTactix...)

Re: FT: Ship designs

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:57:42 +0000
Subject: Re: FT: Ship designs

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 12:43:07PM -0800, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>1.  I was considering a new class of ship, the Destroyer Escort (DE).
It
>would be in the same mass range as the DD or CL, and would sacrifice
>offensive firepower for increased PDS and ADFC capability.  Has anyone
>tried this before, and if so, how well does it work?

See recent posts on the use of small ships (thread starting with "I'm in
love with Pulse Torpedoes (and tactics question)" in the archives). An
anti-fighter ship is likely to be the target of concerted beam attacks
from the enemy; also, if it's keeping in formation, it won't be able to
use any high thrust it might have.

Prev: FT: Ship designs Next: Links (was Re: MicroTactix...)