Prev: [SG/FMA/??] New Pictures Online Next: RE: [SG/FMA/??] New Pictures Online

[SG/FMA/DS/??] The colour of things to come - digitally designed combat uniforms

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 15:56:33 -0500
Subject: [SG/FMA/DS/??] The colour of things to come - digitally designed combat uniforms

Hi all,

A couple of articles appeared in local newspapers here in Toronto today
with pics of the new "computer designed" camoflage combat uniforms the
Canadian military is introducing.

The patterns are quite interesting - possibly useful for people painting
figs, at least for inspiration - and show the kinds of things we're
likely
to see in the next few years.  I've heard that a number of other
countries
are working on similar projects, creating camoflage using digital images
of
"real life" battle grounds.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I've stuck up some pics at:

http://www.stargrunt.ca/articles_interest/cdn_uniforms/cdn_uniforms_main
.htm

(The web article is a "review", so I'm not completly busting
copyrights...
it just isn't a very *good* review...)

-Adrian

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: [SG/FMA/??] New Pictures Online Next: RE: [SG/FMA/??] New Pictures Online