Prev: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!! Next: RE: Backflow of Colonists

Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 15:44:25 +0000
Subject: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!!

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:28:36AM -0800, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>Pics of fleets:  The IJN hulls are causing a biochemical reaction in me

>that is causing a reversion to my adolescent years, ie, the look REALLY

>KEWL......  I mean really, folks.  Damn.  I can't afford them, but if
you
>can, BUY THEM.  Trust me.

Oh, but ordering the IJN figures brings great luck and wealth! This
really works! I ordered a mega-fleet deal on the last day it was
available, and THE VERY NEXT DAY I got a cheque for some work I haven't
even done yet!

(Hmm... make.battleships.fast?)

>Rules:  I've only started reading FT, and have peeked at the FB's.  I
have
>a feeling I'm going to be a Vector fan, because the Cinematic rules as
>expounded in FT leave me cold.  Can't spin in place?  Can't go
backward?
>No thanks.

I'm a vector fan because I was a physicist before I was a space-game
fan...

>How many rules that I'm reading about now in FT are going to be changed

>later in the FB's?  Should I even bother trying to play until I've read
all
>three?

The only thing for which you need FB2 to get started is the revised turn
sequence. Otherwise, most of FT applies; for FB1, the beam weapon
designations change, PTs and Needle Beams get new ranges, and the ADAF
is replaced by an ADFC which can direct regular PDSes (PDAFs) in
long-range fire. (There's new stuff in FB1 as well, of course, but those
are the things that get changed, as far as I can remember off the top of
my head.)

Prev: Re: FT: THEY CAME! THEY CAME!!!!!! Next: RE: Backflow of Colonists