Prev: RE: FT Question Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: Stormtroopers

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:34:58 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Stormtroopers

On  8-Feb-02 at 06:01, Bob Makowsky (rmakowsky@yahoo.com) wrote:
> All,
>
> Thanks for the thoughts and stats.  I would like to see how the Storm
> Troopers would do against normal rebel troops, against elite-extreme
> luck-force using-specials they do rather poorly.
>
> Magic

Just FYI, here is what I have been using for rebels.

Rebel Assault Squad

  Full Strength:  4
    Armour     : d6
    Mobility   :  6"(2d6")
    Sensors    : enhanced (d8)
    Firepower  :  1
    Impact     : d8

  Blaster Pistols only fire in closest range bracket.  +1 die
    shift for close assault.

Rebel Blaster-Rifle squad

  Full Strength:  4
    Armour     : d6
    Mobility   :  6"(2d6")
    Sensors    : enhanced (d8)
    Firepower  :  2
    Impact     :d10

Quality: Poor-Elite, Leadership 1-2.

My logic behind the leadership is the main thing that keeps the
rebels going is high quality leaders.  The stormtroopers get
lower qualilty leadership because initiative is discouraged.

There was a discussion on list about the squad size.  I'm
trying to model initiative and flexibility on the part of the
rebels.

In a standup fight the rebels will lose.  In the scenario I
setup the rebels have leadership, flexibility, and they start
in nasty terrain.

The stormtroopers have numbers and equipment.

Prev: RE: FT Question Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON