Prev: Re: Snow Job Next: Re: Snow Job

Re: OT: Gears

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 00:34:11 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: Gears

>From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
>Subject: OT: Gears

>1314 Southern Light Artillery $7.00

FWIW, The Southern light artillery make really nice towed light arty /
anti-tank guns in scale with Stargrunt 25mm figs.  And many of the
Southern
gears (and the arty pieces) are done in a style that looks quite similar
NAC Power Armour.

I have a battery of three of the guns done up to use as mission
objectives/scenery.  I run a scenario at conventions where one side gets
the guns (not used in play) and crews for them, with two light vehicles
(jeeps) in support - about 12 figs.  The other side gets several squads
of
troops who are sent in a "deep recon" mission to find and kill the guns.
The battle is between the gun crews and the raiders.  The gun crews get
call reinforcements after they first make contact with the raiders (spot
them, or get shot at), and the raiders have to get in, blast the guns,
and
get out again before they are cut off.

Fun scenario, and the artillery pieces make great "set dressing" for a
table.

Of course, if you were playing a lower-tech force (colonial militia, or
something) you could use them as *actual* anti-tank guns (like the towed
guns used in WWII), and build them into a scenario.  I don't think that
the
more "advanced" powers would be fielding towed guns...	 Again, though,
they're nice pieces.

I don't, unfortunately, have pics of them done yet...

Sometime soon, and they'll appear on stargrunt.ca

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: Re: Snow Job Next: Re: Snow Job