Prev: RE: [SG, FMA] Tyrannids Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 08:34:37 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

If megacorporations are a part of the GZG universe (and they appear to
be
with the Japanese Corporate Mercenaries), they would be likely to push
legislation through the UN legalizing thier "security forces" (both
ground
forces and ship escorts). Likely the ground forces authority would be
limited to the property of the corporations. From there it is not too
far a
strech to have a Mercenary Charter spelling out the rights and
responsibilities of mercenaries and thier employers. Unregistered
mercenaries would be treated as "illegal combatants".
=>BOOM<=
Bother! stepped on a landmine.

-----
Brian Bell