Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB

re: continuing OT - was Dangerous Ground, etc., then all about reporters, then Beth on shooting nuns... etc.

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:55:08 -0500
Subject: re: continuing OT - was Dangerous Ground, etc., then all about reporters, then Beth on shooting nuns... etc.

Laserlight pronounced:

>> > Pretty much a case of "whatever excuse is convenient" since
>> > the first four journalists were shot before this was an issue.
>>
>> I'd say its the risk they run for covering the frontline... like any
>news
>> crew covering a war... including those that cover events at ECC if
>my memory
>> serves ;P
>
>No, no, the news crew was the one that ended up shooting everyone
>else.	Including some nuns, IIRC.  That would've been Carnage con
>Queso.

That is a complete and utter fabrication. It is misleading,
inflammatory,
and positively Atkinsonian!  As you all well know, the objectivity and
impartiality of the media, particulary those foreign correspondants
working
for GNN like the afore-mentioned Brun Hilda, is unquestionable.  They
would
*never* damage their reputation for strict neutrality and Reporting Of
The
Truth, by actually taking up arms and participating in a conflict
between
legitimate combatants.

Now, defending themselves against bandits, or something equivalent,
well,
that's different.

During the Carnage Con Queso event last year, the news crew of Brun
Hilda
did most certainly NOT engage in shooting of everyone else.  Not at all.
Nope.  Nossir.	Not them.  Nope.  No way.

Well.

Ok, maybe just a little.

(and Brun Hilda took out the nuns in hand to hand with her microphone...
it
was the Gurkhas who shot them up first...)

<plug>

Given that this is now becoming silly, and awfully OT, I'm going to try
bring it vaguely back on track by mentioning that Brun Hilda and her
crew
are making a return engagement appearance at the GZG-ECC this year
(coming
soon!!!) at the Carnage Con Queso II event being run by yours truly (too
bad Mike Sarno can't make it, because his events last year, including
this
one, were really fun).

Take a peek at:

http://www.stargrunt.ca/scenarios_aar/conqueso/conqueso.htm

if you're interested in seeing what's going to happen this year...

</plug>

Adrian Johnson

Prev: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB Next: Re: Fusion energy was: SNOW JOB