Prev: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation Next: Re: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 08:21:08 -0800
Subject: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

laserlight Wrote:

>That's not always the case--there are certainly instances in modern
history
>of mercenaries who volunteered to serve another country for ideological

>reasons.  Lafayette Escadrille and Flying Tigers might be the best
known to
>an American but there are other examples in Africa, SE Asia and Central

>America.

Also the RAF Eagle Squadrons (early in their inception, Americans ran
the
risk of arrest by the FBI for violating US neutrality.	They had to
travel
to Halifax, NS to go to Britain), the Lincoln Brigade in the Spanish
Civil
War, plus a multitude of examples from US history, particularly the
Revolution, in which we were the RECIPIENT of such help.

2B^2

Prev: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation Next: Re: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation