Prev: OT: Dangerous ground, was Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

[SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

From: "Donogh McCarthy" <donoghmc@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:55:44 +0000
Subject: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

I'm writing up background & rules for a mercenary stargrunt campaign
when
the issue of mission motivation hit me: mercenaries are not (usually)
ideologically engaged in conflicts - so obviously their motivation is
going
to be more...well mercenary  (and I win the prize for obvious statements
of
the century!!)
I thought that their mission motivation would be closer tied to the
current
status of the payment, their current state of supply and the perceived
reliability of their employer.
The importance of the mission according to the employer will probably
have
some impact

I'll probably not formulate a matrix to take all these factors into
account,
and will just assign a motivation as I feel it's deserved.

Has anyone done anything like this before?
Any input from anyone, especially good accounts of mercenary operations
and
historic motivations for modern mercenaries

Thanks
Donogh

Prev: OT: Dangerous ground, was Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation