Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

Re: Near-Topic: G forces

From: bbrush@u...
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:25:26 -0600
Subject: Re: Near-Topic: G forces

As other people have said, it's all a matter of what you want the person
doing under G.

During WWII, fighter pilots would black out under 5 or 6 G's. (No G
suit,
upright seating)
Modern pilots with G-suits and well-design aircraft can remain in
control
under up to 9-10 G's.
A human body can survive a lot more, but the person loses consciousness.

I certainly wouldn't think a human would want sustained G's of greater
than
3 G's if you want it for a long period (possibly hours), and probably
less
than 2 if you want it for extended periods (days, weeks).

Bill

		    "Brian Bilderback"

		    <bbilderback@hotmail.com>	    To:
gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
		    Sent by:			    cc:

		    owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Be	    Subject:
Near-Topic:  G forces
		    rkeley.EDU

		    02/05/02 11:28 AM

		    Please respond to gzg-l

Just checking some numbers - can anyone tell me how many G's the Human
body
can stand, and can anyone theorize/postulate how much that number might
be
upped with any future tech that can help us (ie how many WILL we be able
withstand in the timesetting of a FT/DSII universe)?

2B^2

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: Near-Topic: G forces