Prev: Re: John's gone for a while.... Next: Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling

Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling

From: Tim Gray <tgray@a...>
Date: 05 Feb 2002 15:02:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling

On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 14:54, Tomb wrote:

> [Tomb] I've met some very squared away US soldiers (US SF/Intel, Some
US
> 10th Mtn, and some others). I've met some squared away Brits and I
hear
> very favourable things about Kiwis and Aussies. As Dawg says, you're
> always greatful for people you can rely on. And every army has some of
> them, and some that aren't so hot. This is just same old same old.
This
> was probably true in the time of Alexander and will be true in the
time
> of the GZGverse. Even top-flight armies have some less than stellar
> units. And even crappy armies have one or two outstanding units
> (sometimes).

10th Mtn... Whee!  I spent three years there, never saw the infamous Ft.
Drum winter... We made up a Christmas Carol:

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, we're packing up our
duffle bags again..."

I was in 511th MP Co.  not actually part of 10th Mtn but a direct
FORSCOM asset.	10th Mtn always asked FORSCOM if we could go though...
so we did.  Hardcore unit.

212th MP Co. in Germany though, now they were a joke...

Prev: Re: John's gone for a while.... Next: Re: Cage Rattling and Mindless Pratling