Prev: RE: [FT] Tech Trees Next: [DS] More help with infantry.

Re: [FT] Tech Trees

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:17:02 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Tech Trees

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:13:24PM -0500, laserlight@quixnet.net wrote:

>For weapons, you can also adjust the range--eg Obsolete Beams have 4"
range bands, 2nd Line have 5", Bleeding Edge have 8", etc.

My thought is to avoid going beyond the "current" tech - it's too likely
to lead to balance problems.

>You might also apply a diffusion factor and espionage factors to even
things out--it's a lot cheaper and easier to be second than first in a
particular field.

Agreed. Espionage, capture and reverse-engineering, time...

Prev: RE: [FT] Tech Trees Next: [DS] More help with infantry.