Prev: Re: FT: Pre-read questions Next: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife

RE: FT: Pre-read questions

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:03:24 +1100
Subject: RE: FT: Pre-read questions

G'day,

> Unknown canonically speaking.  The only website I've
> seen with extensive treatment of system defense craft
> is. . . well, not to blow my own horn, mine.	My SDBs
> are 14 mass, but I've got Mass 250 System Defense
> Monitors defending New Constantinople.

Some of this will come down to national "ego" almost I reckon. In that
(OK
speaking for myself here) I have a bunch of small STL defense ships for
the
IAS, but I just assumed that the bigger stuff would have FTL so I could
get
it around and as it was stationed around my single star system it
doubled up
as defense and so I didn't need extra STL stuff of the same size
(barring my
asteroid bases). So the small guys aren't necessarily going to have BIG
STL
ships as they want their BIG ships to be FTL capable, whereas the large
nations (NR included) have enough flex to spend stuff on BIG STL defense
systems if they want (though they also have the navy to come kick butt
anyway). I hope that made sense ;)

Cheers

Prev: Re: FT: Pre-read questions Next: Re: [OT?]Dangerous Alian Wildlife