Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Website update (I think)

Re: Colonization Models

From: Edward Lipsett <translation@i...>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 16:33:36 +0900
Subject: Re: Colonization Models

I vastly prefer the 2300AD model, probably because of the way there are
familiar but differant nations - for many of the same reasons the Space
1889 model is also nice.

My personal links page, including a bunch of related (non-2300) pages
but also all the 2300AD-related links I know of, can be found at:
http://www.kurotokage.org/2300AD/Bookmarks.html

Among other things, you can get to most of the Challenge articles from
there.

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> I don't have any "breathtaking conclusions" to
> this line of thinking, but I might suggest 2300
> AD as good source material (things like the
> Colonial Atlas, CyberTech Earth, The Vehicle
> Guide, The Equipment Guide, etc) for examining
> how things might roughly be in the GZGverse (if
> you wanted an RPG for GZG, this game system
> would also be easily convertible since the tech is
> so similar). And another thing worth looking at
> is the game's treatment of institutes (such as
> the astromechenrecheninstiute (KH, don't flay
> me for this insult to German.... It's the ARI) for
> one example). Corporations and independent
> scientific bodies play a big role in space and in
> exploration and development of colonies. GDW
> used to have a "Challenge" magazine which had
> a lot of useful 2300 AD articles in it too.

=====
Edward Lipsett
Intercom, Ltd.
Fukuoka, Japan
translation@intercomltd.com
http://www.intercomltd.com
Tel: +81-92-712-9120

Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Website update (I think)