Prev: COMBAT ENGINEERS Next: RE: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

RE: [FT] Min'n'Match Fighters

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:31:31 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Min'n'Match Fighters

On Friday, February 01, 2002 7:02 PM, Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:48:56AM +1100, Robertson, Brendan wrote:
> >It would be simpler to just pay a surcharge of +1 point for each
extra
> >ability beyond the first in addition to the cost of that ability.
>
> Do you think this is steep enough? I'd be inclined to add 1 point for
> the second ability, 2 for the third, and so on; so the dual-ability
> fighters would cost as your examples, but the FHLAT would cost
> 3+1+2+1+1+3 + 1+2+3+4 = 21. Given that you _can't_ have a ship that
does
> everything well, I think a fighter that does everything well will be
> pretty uneconomic too.

Multi-roleing too many functions is self defeating in itself.  The
cumulative cost would certainly be a greater incentive to keep your
fighters
specialized, instead of having the one Uberfighter type.
In campaigns, I don't like paying for more than 5 per fighter anyway, as
equipping a whole carrier can cost more than building it's destroyer
escort
(especially with the attrition rate of fighters).

Brendan

Prev: COMBAT ENGINEERS Next: RE: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON