Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: RE: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

RE: [OT] Colonial educational and justice systems, with rant.

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:55:21 +1100
Subject: RE: [OT] Colonial educational and justice systems, with rant.

G'day again,

> Yeah, but those large farms/ranches are going to have
> to deal with a lot of issues not faced by modern
> farmers/ranchers.  Genemodding crops, robot
> maintinence and programming, etc.  Xenoagricultural
> Studies bachelor degrees may be required for
> supervisory positions, and running a farm may require
> a PhD.

I'd tend to disagree, depending on how new the technology is it may be
old
hat to any child to know about these things while in primary school. Its
the
agricultural equivalent of the video/computer leaps our kids take for
granted - Lachy and Janneke can both program the video and regularly use
our
computer with no fuss... something their grandfather can't manage at all
and
if he can he can't do it without looking flustered.

Cheers

Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: RE: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?