Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations

[SG] Infantry Support Weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 14:21:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [SG] Infantry Support Weapons

OK, I was redoing my Free Ukrainians for submission to
the Stargrunt.ca site, and I ran into some stuff
that's not covered in the SG rules.  I'm basing my
MTOEs very closely off of old Soviet ones, but with
some different twists.	Anyway, there's a couple of
things that I thought deserved discussion on the list.

Encapsulated Flamethrower:
vs infantry in enclosed area, FP d12, Imp d12.
vs Infantry in open, FP d10, Imp d10.
Imp d8 vs. PA.
vs Point Targets, as IAVR, but Imp d8 if vs armored
vehicle.
Causes terror to non-PA infantry and fire effects as
per p.57

Kind of a complex way to deal with this, but I havn't
seen an easy one.  It's a thermobaric weapon like the
Russian RPO-A.	Comments?  Also has a higher chance of
choking out CFE engines, but I'm not sure how to
represent this.  Basically a non-issue for an FGP Grav
tank, but could be deadly to a CFE one.

RPG: Treat as IAVR, but reloadable (usual ammo load is
3 shots)

RPG-7 family, not the newer disposables.  Comments?

John

Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: [SG] Boarding Party Considerations