Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:19:28 -0800
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Ryan M Gill wrote:

>Yep, 5.7x28mm. Its very very similar to 5.7mm Johnson
>5.7x28mm
>http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/p90/ammo/index.htm
>
>5.7mm Johnson
>http://www.reloadbench.com/cartridges/wmmj57mm.html
>
>the SS190 will go through a PASGT helmet at 200 M. It also penetrates
>48 Layers of Kevlar at that range as well.
>
>715 m/s or 2345.9 ft/sec.
>
>And FN makes a pistol that shoots the same cartridge, the FN
Five-SeveN.
>http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/57/index.htm
>
>FN P90
>http://www.remtek.com/arms/fn/p90/data/concept.htm
>
>For a while one could buy M1 Carbines in 5.7mm Johnson.
>http://home.kscable.com/duncanlong/guns/m1.htm

Very interesting.  I'm at work, so I can't look too closely at weapons
web
sites (especially while mumbling to myself).  How comparable is it's
performance to, say, the MP-5 series?  Would it be an appropriate option
for
Spec Ops, and if so, as which - an SMG, an AR, or a hybrid?

2B^2

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON