Prev: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence Next: Re: The B-Team

Re: [OT] Jargon file ?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 07:48:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] Jargon file ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randall L Joiner" <rljoiner@mindspring.com>
> I've done professional developing of complex systems, and am
proficient
> (maybe not speedy or fresh and not current in most) in over 10+
separate
> languages, 25+ variations of those 10+ languages.

10+languages ? Impressive. I only manage half a dozen (plus variations).
Let's see: German, English, Spanish...;-)

Oops, sorry, you meant computer languages, I guess ? Actually I have
dealt
with a similar number of those.

But the real point of this mail:

> While I concede that the Jargon file is not a great source, it is kept
as
> factual as possible, and is one of _the_ sources of hacker cultural
history.

Could you give me a URL, please ? I seem to have missed out on that one.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Pounds, Shillings, and Pence Next: Re: The B-Team